Make something you love and have it seen by millions!
Effect are seeking a talented web developer to be part of our growing development team the lucky person will have the opportunity to produce digital solutions for household names and have your work enjoyed by thousands of users everyday.
You are a thinker, a logical mind ready to tackle the challenges all modern web developers face. You follow best practices and share your knowledge with others. You love working in teams, collaborating with technologists, designers, user interaction designers and strategists. You strive only for the best.
Front end focused, development focused or full stack we are interested in hearing from you if you cover the basics and have some of the desirable skills please get in touch.
- Experience translating comps and wireframes into semantically correct web templates
- Knowledge of responsive and adaptive design principles and translating these into fluid and responsive templates
- Strong working knowledge of developing cross platform/browser compatibility (IE, Firefox, Safari, Opera, etc.) for dynamic web applications
- Familiarity with and adherence to web standards and best practices for load time reduction and accessibility
- Ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of people in a fast paced environment
- Loves logic and problem solving!
What we would like to see
- 2+ years experience in front-end web development
- Experience with source/version control software e.g. GIT & SVN
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and strong time management and problem solving capabilities
- Proven debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Ability to implement and extend WordPress with custom plugins and custom themes
- WooCommerce & Advanced Custom fields
- PHP & MySQL
- PHP Frameworks such as Laravel
- Facebook & Twitter API Integrations
- Magento – frontend or development experience
- Ability to setup and maintain LAMP servers
- Agency experience would be valuable
What you’ll get in return
A creative working environment and the chance to learn from some of the best in the industry, effect is growing rapidly and you will have the opportunity to work for household names and have you work seen by a huge audience. You will work on top of the range kit and have a super comfy chair as well as have the opportunity to train and improve your skills and participate in company outings (we all went to Berlin last year!). This is all backed up by a competitive salary and benefit package.