Careers at effect
We have had an exciting start to the year, growing the number of great clients we work with. In order to continue delivering awesome results we are looking for an experienced Account Director, with a passion for digital and a head full of amazing ideas.
Reporting into the Head of Client Services and Managing Director, you will be responsible for developing client relationships, an amazing account management team and running campaign related projects across a diverse mix of clients. This is an exciting new role as we look for the right person to impact the agency by setting best in class agency standards that place the client at the centre of everything that we do.
With a wealth of agency experience you will naturally have the entrepreneurial hustle needed to get things done, effectively prioritising requests and always having an eye on results. You will create opportunities by understanding the needs of your clients and be able to see projects through from inception to delivery. You are amazing at both managing large web projects and developing campaign strategies that span Advertising, Search, Social and Email. You are equally as passionate about developing your team and will want to inspire, motivate and mentor your direct reports.
The ideal candidate will be an existing Director or Senior Account Manager seeking a new opportunity.
The right person will:
- Independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Demonstrate ability in successfully managing agency retainers and revenue forecasting
- Take pride in delivering results and relish the opportunity to lead
- Understand how to develop strong relationships with clients and internally
- Encourage, support and manage a small account team, leading by example, mentoring others and monitoring their progress through 121s and KPI monitoring
- Understand the importance of client budgets, how to keep within them
- Deliver awesome presentations, write brilliant proposals and understand the importance of new business
- Know how to plan and execute a campaign/project based on client objectives working closely with the team to generate ideas and deliver them successfully
- Lead in client meetings and ensure preparation is well organised/thorough
- Use your experience to foresee and identify issues early and take appropriate action
- Have a strategic understanding of traditional, digital, and social-specific marketing techniques
- Understand how to choose appropriate performance measures and report on campaign performance
- Have the ability to stay calm when the pressure is on and the confidence to feel comfortable with ambiguity when it arises
- Have a passion for mentoring amazing young talent
It would be great if you have:
- Strong experience in a project management methodology
- Experience with WorkflowMax
- A passion for digital marketing
- A solid understanding of Web and Mobile development
- A solid understanding of Search and Digital Advertising
- A solid understanding of science behind social and how to report success
What you’ll get
We are very proud of our team, we only employ the best and we invest in them with…
- Cash monies – every month
- An exciting client and project mix
- A very nice office in the heart of Leicester’s Cultural Quarter
- A shiny new Apple laptop
- A super-duper Herman Miller chair
- Whatever tools you need to do an amazing job for your clients
- Private health care
- Performance related bonuses
- Annual conference weekend – Berlin and Manchester have hosted us before
- The opportunity to train and attend industry conferences
- We love to party as much as we love to work and so expect a busy social calendar
We are full service award winning digital marketing agency based in Leicester. Our mission is to deliver beautiful work and measurable solutions that perform for our clients and make them happy. Our commitment to our mission has earned us the love of our clients, and we work with lots of household names, which means our work is seen and used by millions. In 2017 we were recognised as an official Webby Award honouree (that puts in the top 17% of all entries submitted globally).
We are very proud of our team, we invest in them and only employ the best. If being part of a friendly, hard working, high performing team is what you’re looking for then please apply.
Writing and presenting is a key part of the role – please complete the application form with your CV and a short, concise and lovingly crafted cover letter. We will be upfront, points will be awarded for experience and attitude – and clever, compelling, funny, human reasons why you’re the perfect person for the role.