Careers at effect
Our mission is to have a positive impact on people, business and society in a digital first world.
Effect is a full service award winning marketing agency. We use the most appropriate technologies to create the best work, providing the best outcomes for our clients. Our commitment to our mission has earned us the love of our clients, we work with lots of household names creating work that is seen and experienced by millions.
Our people are at the top of their game – or on they’re on their way there. They’re smart and friendly. Their skills cover an extraordinary range of technologies, platforms, processes, insight or ways of thinking and communicating. Working together in teams and celebrating the team’s success before their own, is how they get things done. Uncertainty or change does not unnerve them and they are happy to get to grips with an unfamiliar product, new business sector or technical challenge. They are not afraid to have strong opinions, but hold them lightly.
We are looking a tenacious account director with at least 4 years agency experience managing multiple clients. We are looking for an ambitious and enthusiastic person to join the team to develop and deliver against client’s marketing strategies as part of a larger account team.
The successful person will be passionate about their role and marketing. They will understand the importance of great relationships and of understanding the client’s business needs and motivations and have a proven track record of growing accounts.
They will be able to speak confidently about a wide range of marketing mechanics including web, mobile, social, advertising, SEO, email, video, and website development and know how to make these different tactics work together to deliver the best results for our clients.
To make our clients feel happy through the efficient delivery of effective marketing strategies
What we expect
- Previous experience in a similar role at management level
- Proven experience in developing accounts
- Proven ability to independently manage multiple priorities in a fast paced and deadline driven environment
- Experienced in successfully managing agency retainers and revenue forecasting
- Able to plan and execute a campaign. Including leading brainstorms, presenting ideas to the client, and project management of the campaign through to delivery
- Proven ability to foresee and identify issues and solutions, as well as opportunities
- Proven project management experience
- Good understanding of branding and delivering against guidelines
- To be able to monitor effectiveness and report on the campaign’s success measuring against key KPIs and providing actionable insight for our clients
- Experience of managing a team, including regular 121’s with your direct reports and setting KPIs
- Excellent forecasting ability
- Excellent numeracy and literacy skills
- Excellent planning and time management
- Excellent communication and team working
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Advanced presentation skills
It will be a bonus
If you have good data analysis skills
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary
- 21 days holiday per year
- Performance related bonuses
- The opportunity to win a £10 amazon voucher every week
- Flexible hours for those that travel or have family
- An exciting and diverse workload
- A super-duper Herman Miller chair
- Whatever tools you need to do an amazing job for your clients
- Private Health Care
- Annual conference – Berlin and Manchester have hosted us before
- The opportunity to train and attend industry conferences
- To work in a bespoke designed office in the heart of Leicester’s Cultural Quarter
- A safe place to leave your bike
- The monthly street food festival ‘Last Friday’ is on our doorstep
- We love to party as much as we love to work, so expect a busy social calendar!
Our hiring process
- You send us an email with covering note and your CV
- We’ll get in touch and arrange a first meeting, at this stage we just like to chat, get to know you and hear about all the amazing things you can do and the successes you have had
- Once we are dazzled we’ll send you a short brief to work on (no more then 3hrs) and you will be asked to present back to a director and one other from the team you’ll be working with
- You’ll be offered the job
- Your life will become much more enriched and fun
- You’ll tell your friends how amazing effect is and earn a referral bonus if we employ them too