Careers at effect
An opportunity has opened for a developer to join our award winning digital agency, where you will become a key part of a small yet mighty team of developers, working in a fast-paced digital agency environment. You'll get a chance to work on a diverse range of projects from e-commerce sites for international brands to interactive apps for corporate giants.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced developer to join our development team working on a wide array of projects for our exciting clients. You will be responsible for the build, maintenance and upgrade of websites and applications.
You will have development skills in PHP, specialising in WordPress. You will use your knowledge of industry standard frameworks, libraries and tools to improve your efficiency and meet deadlines. You will also be well versed in deploying applications as well as administering development and production environments, and performing maintenance/optimisation to ensure your applications are lightning fast, secure and have an impeccable uptime record.
The right developer will be someone that wants to expand their knowledge and skill set by researching and adopting new tools and technologies, completing training and attending workshops/seminars as required. They will work collaboratively with their team mates to create amazing results, whilst sharing knowledge.
Experience with most or all of the technologies below are highly desirable, but we are open to developer candidates with experience with various technologies.
- PHP (object oriented)
- WordPress – Custom Theme, Plugin & API integrations
- Server Configuration – NGINX, Apache, PHP-FPM, MySQL & Redis (terminal)
- GIT (terminal)
- ES6, VueJS
- Composer, Yarn/NPM
- HTML5 (Foundation/Bootstrap), CSS3, SCSS (BEM)
- Digital Ocean/AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront)
- Experience working with assets created using popular Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop & XD
What you’ll get
We are very proud of our team, we only employ the best and we invest in them with…
- A competitive salary
- 21 days holiday per year
- Performance related bonuses
- A shiny new mac
- An exciting and diverse workload
- A very nice office in the heart of Leicester’s Cultural Quarter
- A super-duper Herman Miller chair
- Whatever tools you need to do an amazing job for your clients
- Private health care
- Annual conference weekend – Berlin and Manchester have hosted us before
- The opportunity to train and attend industry conferences
- The monthly street food festival ‘Last Friday’ is on our doorstep
- We love to party as much as we love to work, so expect a busy social calendar!
We are full service award winning digital marketing agency based in Leicester. Our mission is to deliver beautiful work and measurable solutions that perform for our clients and make them happy. Our commitment to our mission has earned us the love of our clients, and we work with lots of household names, which means our work is seen and used by millions. In 2017 we were recognised as an official Webby Award honouree (that puts in the top 17% of all entries submitted globally).
We are very proud of our team, we invest in them and only employ the best. If being part of a friendly, hard working, high performing team is what you’re looking for then please apply.
Please complete the application form with your CV and a short introduction, some links to work examples or your GitHub account. We’ll be looking for experience, matching technologies and examples of great code adhering to industry standards whilst utilising the latest tools/frameworks or approaches.