Senior Account Manager – Social Media
Careers at effect
Our mission is to have a positive impact on people, business and society in a digital first world.
Effect is a full service award winning marketing agency. We use the most appropriate technologies to create the best work, providing the best outcomes for our clients. Our commitment to our mission has earned us the love of our clients, we work with lots of household names creating work that is seen and experienced by millions.
Our people are at the top of their game – or on they’re on their way there. They’re smart and friendly. Their skills cover an extraordinary range of technologies, platforms, processes, insight or ways of thinking and communicating. Working together in teams and celebrating the team’s success before their own, is how they get things done. Uncertainty or change does not unnerve them and they are happy to get to grips with an unfamiliar product, new business sector or technical challenge. They are not afraid to have strong opinions, but hold them lightly.
We are seeking an account manager with specific experience leading busy social media accounts across high profile clients. You’ll be responsible for the delivery of day to day activity, proof reading and approving daily content produced by the content editor, overseeing community management, liaising with third parties to devise social comms plans on behalf of our clients. You consistently be reviewing our social media output, looking for new content opportunities ensuring that our strategy and approach stays ahead of the curve. You will be expected to respond to our clients briefs by working across departments (Design, Development, Content, Advertising, SEO and Data) to devise and deliver effective always on activity. You’ll be able to present ideas, manage the delivery and report on its success.
You will be passionate about your role and social media marketing. You will understand the importance of great relationships and of understanding your client’s business needs and motivations.
You’ll be able to speak confidently about social and how it works alongside advertising, SEO, email, and video content.
To make our clients feel happy through the efficient delivery of effective campaigns.
What we expect
- Excellent literacy skills
- Previous experience in a similar role at management level
- To be responsible for upholding standards
- To be responsible for managing budgets
- To work to tight deadlines
- That you’ll be able to audit social activity and present findings with actionable insight
- Have a strong understanding of SEO and be able to deliver against a SEO strategy
- Understand the latest algorithm’s for facebook and instagram and be able to explain them to the client and adapt their work as needed
- To be able to monitor effectiveness and report on the campaign’s success measuring against key KPIs and providing actionable insight for our clients.
- To have good working knowledge of formats available across Facebook, Instagram, Twitter and Pinterest
- Good knowledge of ad platforms: Facebook/Instagram
- Excellent numeracy skills
- Excellent planning and time management skills
- Excellent communication and team working skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Good understanding of branding and upholding brand standards
- Good problem solving skills
- Good data analysis
- Good presentation skills
It will be a bonus
- If you know your way around the ad platforms for Pinterest, LinkedIn and Google
- If you are able to direct a photography and/or film crew and talent in a studio or on location
- If you have previous experience managing and inspiring a direct report
What you’ll get
- A competitive salary
- 21 days holiday per year
- Performance related bonuses
- The opportunity to win a £10 amazon voucher every week
- Flexible hours for those that travel or have family
- An exciting and diverse workload
- A super-duper Herman Miller chair
- Whatever tools you need to do an amazing job for your clients
- Private Health Care
- Annual conference – Berlin and Manchester have hosted us before
- The opportunity to train and attend industry conferences
- To work in a bespoke designed office in the heart of Leicester’s Cultural Quarter
- A safe place to leave your bike
- The monthly street food festival ‘Last Friday’ is on our doorstep
- We love to party as much as we love to work, so expect a busy social calendar!
Our hiring process
- You send us an email with covering note and your CV
- We’ll get in touch and arrange a first meeting, at this stage we just like to chat, get to know you and hear about all the amazing things you can do and the successes you have had
- Once we are dazzled we’ll send you a short brief to work on (no more then 3hrs) and you will be asked to present back to a director and one other from the team you’ll be working with
- You’ll be offered the job
- Your life will become much more enriched and fun : )
- You’ll tell your friends how amazing effect is and earn a referral bonus if we employ them too