Senior Full Stack Developer
Careers at effect
An opportunity has opened for a senior full stack developer to join our award winning digital agency, where you will become a key part of a small yet mighty team of developers, working in a fast-paced digital agency environment. You'll get a chance to work on a diverse range of projects from e-commerce sites for international brands to interactive apps for corporate giants.
You will have involvement in the scoping and sizing of solutions for our clients, specifically providing technical support and helping to devise solutions to problems working closely with the Head of Technical Delivery and the Head of UX. Together you will ensure solutions are fit for purpose and take into consideration the latest technology, trends and best practices.
The ideal candiate will be a senior or thirsty intermediate developer with experience of working in a fast-paced development team.
Experience with most or all of the technologies below are highly desirable, but we are open to developer candidates with experience with various technologies.
- PHP 7+ (object oriented)
- WordPress – Custom Theme, Plugin & API integrations
- Laravel/Illuminate/Symfony (or other modern PHP MVC framework)
- GIT (terminal)
- Composer, Yarn/NPM
- REST & SOAP API integrations
- Server-Side NodeJS applications & PM2
- ES6 JS, VueJS/REACT/Angular2
- WebPack/Browserify, Gulp/Grunt
- HTML5 (Foundation/Bootstrap), CSS3, SCSS (BEM)
- Configuring & optimising NGINX, Apache, PHP-FPM & MySQL (terminal)
- Digital Ocean/AWS (EC2, RDS, S3, Cloudfront)/Azure
- Phonegap/Apache Cordova and building with Xcode/Android Studio
- Experience working with assets created using popular Adobe Creative Suite applications such as Illustrator, Photoshop & XD
What you’ll get
We are very proud of our team, we only employ the best and we invest in them with…
- A competitive salary
- A shiny new mac
- An exciting and diverse workload
- A very nice office in the heart of Leicester’s Cultural Quarter
- A super-duper Herman Miller chair
- Whatever tools you need to do an amazing job for your clients
- Private health care
- Performance related bonuses
- Annual conference weekend – Berlin and Manchester have hosted us before
- The opportunity to train and attend industry conferences
- We love to party as much as we love to work and so expect a busy social calendar
We are full service award winning digital marketing agency based in Leicester. Our mission is to deliver beautiful work and measurable solutions that perform for our clients and make them happy. Our commitment to our mission has earned us the love of our clients, and we work with lots of household names, which means our work is seen and used by millions. In 2017 we were recognised as an official Webby Award honouree (that puts in the top 17% of all entries submitted globally).
We are very proud of our team, we invest in them and only employ the best. If being part of a friendly, hard working, high performing team is what you’re looking for then please apply.
Please complete the application form with your CV and a short introduction, some links to work examples or your GitHub account. We’ll be looking for experience, matching technologies and examples of great code adhering to industry standards whilst utilising the latest tools/frameworks or approaches.