Website Account Manager
We are seeking a confident digital first account manager with at least 2 years of agency experience. Our account team is relationship-focused and builds loyalty and trust by understanding our client’s needs to achieve long-term partnerships. We have a mantra here in effect that good work follows good work and we are zealous about our standard of work.
The person we are looking for will be passionate about well-built and designed websites, they will be organised, curious, and always asking ‘why’. They will be able to speak confidently about the life cycle of a website, conversion rate optimization, analytics, and CRM. Once onboarded they will develop a thorough understanding of our projects and services in order to be able to appropriately recommend the right solutions.
Naturally a people person, this person will be a team player, warm, kind, and considerate of others.
- To ensure our clients are happy
- To ensure our clients value our work
- To increase our client’s annual value to the business measured year on year
- To work on ad-hoc new business opportunities
- To be an active part of the account management team rolling up your sleeves and supporting your colleagues when you can see they need your help whether that’s brainstorming ideas, creating slides for presentations, creating reports and insight, data inputting or simply lending an ear when they need. We’re a team first.
- Find client challenges and formulate high-level strategies, working with the right experts at effect to advise on the most effective deployment of our services.
- Keep all internal teams that contribute to your accounts up to date with the accounts’ performance, provide clarity on your client’s objectives, and how our teams will individually and collectively input our responses/proposals/projects/retained services to deliver the best result.
- Ensure our work is impactful and delivers on its objectives, keeping our clients happy.
- Take recommendations from clients and prioritise them into a roadmap, making our recommendations in response clear and compelling.
- Demonstrate strong commercial acumen, understanding priorities and organising them accordingly to be able to accommodate ad hoc client requests, assessing whether it works for effect’s business model too.
- Create quotes in-line with our quoting guide
- Be in control of your accounts’ budgets, ensuring teams work to the parameters set and refer to the Head of Client Services to address over-servicing, etc.
- Update monthly retainer hour reports and monthly status reports.
- Create and update roadmaps that stretch far in advance, flagging requests for resources as appropriate, and scheduling meetings all via our management software Teamwork.
- Own your accounts’ results, define if they met (or even exceed) the objectives, and if not identify ways where we could have done better.
- Develop strong relationships with senior clients and communicate at least weekly to show our impact, responsiveness, and proactivity.
- Spot opportunities to grow your client’s business – and what they spend with us. Working closely with your Account Director, Head of Client Services, and MD to highlight future opportunities.
- Document all meetings and discussions you hold with your client to ensure notes and actions are captured, and always share with your client.
- Monitor competitor activity, analyse the impact of their work, and keep your clients informed of their position in the market. Provide proactive ideas and stimulus on new products/services and innovation in and outside of client categories.
- Put together account plans and opportunity analyses for clients and provide feedback to the internal teams on where our focus should be.
- Use data from tools including – but not limited to – Google Analytics, Looker studio reports, Search Console, SEMrush
- Share your knowledge with your wider Account Managers team and contribute to their development utilising internal team meetings.
Skills and qualifications
- MUST have at least 2 years of agency experience
- Must have experience scoping and overseeing the delivery of websites for well-known brands
- Experienced in upselling website retainers to manage ongoing upgrades and CRO
- Ability to multitask and juggle several responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Organisational skills and good attention to detail
- The ability to take complex solutions and explain them in a way that a client understands and can therefore approve.
- Equally, the ability to take a client’s ambiguous brief and know what questions to ask to pin down the exact requirements
- To be able to stay calm and project your calmness onto others along with staying organised when managing multiple teams with looming deadlines
- The ability to read data and interpret it against our client’s KPIs and goals
- The ability to use agency management systems such as Teamwork, Workflow Max or similar
- Digital marketing apprenticeship
- Google Certifications
- CRM Certifications
We are a studio-first agency and ask our team to all come in together on a Monday, Thursday, and Friday. It is optional to work from home on Tuesday and Wednesday after successfully completing your probation.
What you’ll get:
- Salary between £28 – 35k depending on previous experience and performance
- 25 days holiday per year
- Flexible working hours
- Flexible remote working (When you do visit the office as well as all the standard stuff you can expect we all sit on Herman Miller chairs so you can say goodbye to any backaches, there’s free Friday beer, everyday healthy fruit bowls and we also love it when you bring your dog in to visit us for the day)
- An exciting and diverse workload
- A MacBook and whatever tools you need to do an amazing job for our clients
- Private Health Care
- Huge opportunities to learn and develop whether, through professional qualifications, exposure to incredible business projects, or informal lunch & learns, hosted by your colleagues
- Depending on your location you will either work in a bespoke designed office in the heart of Leicester’s Cultural Quarter or in our studio in Castleton Mill, Leeds
- Annual Effect Away Days and lots of social invites
- We plant trees and fund the world’s best climate crisis solutions to offset the carbon emissions of all our team members
- In Leicester, we also provide a safe place to leave your bike, and the monthly street food festival ‘Last Friday’ is on our doorstep